The Budget Bride Company: A Barn On A Budget
Thanks to pinterest, instagram and generally the world wide web, we're all guilty of having eyes bigger than our pockets when it comes to weddings. All too often, the beautiful styled shoots which inspire our own big days involve ideas which would simply cost a fortune to replicate in a real wedding, or suppliers who are so far out of your budget they may as well be in space.
So when Laura, from The Budget Bride Company, put together this shoot with photographer pal, Danielle Mobbs, she was out to proove a point.
The idea behind the 'Barn Wedding with a Western Twist' Shoot was to show how to style a current wedding trend, whilst staying on budget. And we, for one, think it looks a million dollars! Check out the full selection of Barn wedding venues we have here
Here are Laura's top tips for pulling this western, barn style wedding yourself...
1. Hire fees for Barn Wedding Venues can vary greatly. Make sure that you find out what the Barn will be including in your fee – good things to ask about include furniture, cleaning, use of the kitchens and provision of a bar. A lot of venues will allow you access the day before your wedding and the morning after to set up and decorate the Barn and then to clear away afterwards. Make sure you enlist some help from family and friends to assist you with this element of the wedding!
2. Personalise your wedding with lots of DIY touches to style your venue. Think twine and burlap, handmade signage and lots of bunting to add colour and fun to your Barn Wedding. DIY styling can be time consuming, but it is very rewarding and a great way to save money in your overall wedding budget.
3. Lighting is key and can really pack a punch on a small wedding budget. Think about using fairy lights entwined around beams and placing lanterns thoughtfully around the venue to add lots of atmosphere.
4. Think about having a rustic catering option such as a Hog Roast or BBQ for your wedding breakfast. By choosing to have one main meal, instead of a traditional sit down wedding breakfast followed by a separate buffet in the evening, you can feed and entertain your guests all in one sitting, saving money on two separate meal times and providing a fun and relaxed catering option to stay in keeping with your theme.
5. As the Barn Wedding atmosphere tends to lean towards the more relaxed style of wedding, make the most of the opportunity to save money by creating shabby chic favours and table centres. You can create beautiful floral centrepieces for tables using jam jars filled with wild daisies and ferns for a great rustic look. And for favours, why not try miniature pots of honey or little bottles of homemade lemonade or sloe gin, fastened with twine and a name tag for a thoughtful gift. For loads of other DIY ideas for your wedding, have a look at the e-courses available from The Budget Bride Company's webiste.
Information on The Budget Bride Company
The Budget Bride Company is the UK’s number one wedding planning website for Brides on a Budget. The Budget Bride Company offer Wedding Planning Services including Venue and Supplier Finding for Brides, as well as DIY Wedding Planning options. If you are recently engaged, The Budget Bride Company have a great Blog with lots of style and planning advice, as well a range of E-Courses and Planning Tools to help you plan your wedding on budget and in style.
You can contact The Budget Bride Company here...