How to Style a Country House Wedding
Country house weddings are the epitome of elegance and a stunning country house is the perfect venue for a sophisticated and stylish celebration. But, however beautiful your venue, making it your own with gorgeous decorations really brings your own personality to the day. So, whether you’ve decided on your wedding theme or are just starting to plan your special event, don’t miss our tips for styling country house wedding venues…
Start with your venue
Now this might sound like an obvious point but your wedding styling plan definitely needs to start with your venue. For example, at the glorious Morden Hall, the light and elegant Hawthorn Room has a different feel to the grand Willow Room so your styling needs to take this into account. You should also consider the colours and textures in the spaces that you’ll be using and work to complement these. A country house wedding needs to be elegant in the extreme so super bright, clashing colours are a big no-no!
Source: Morden Storyett
You also need to consider the features that are already in the room and think about how to make the most of these. If you look at the superb fireplace in the Willow Room at Morden Hall, you can probably already imagine fantastic arrangements here that will suit whatever season you’re marrying in.
Source: Lynsey Grace Photography
Creating your styling plan
With your colour palette and overall look and feel decided, it’s time to create your styling plan and here are a few areas that you’ll need to consider:
• Florals – statement arrangements always work well in country houses and your budget is definitely best used with one or two large floral decorations than lots of little arrangements that are likely to get lost in the space.
Source: Charlotte Gidding Photography
• Lighting – if possible, candles are the perfect accessories for country house weddings. If your venue doesn’t allow ‘real’ candles, don’t despair because ‘fake’ flames work just as well.
Source: Andrew Gale
• Fabrics – nothing say luxury quite like sumptuous fabrics so beautiful coloured silk table runners cascading from the top or cake table are just perfect.
• Furniture – again, elegance is essential so classic chairs in neutral colours will be perfect for this look.
Source: Julie Anne Images
• Tableware – gold-rimmed charger plates and glasses can be hired to complete the look of your wedding tables and why not add in golden cutlery too for the most exquisite finishing touch.
Source: Mod Wedding
Fabulous styling ideas for country house weddings
Some styling ideas just never go out of style so take a look through this selection of timeless touches that your guests will absolutely adore:
• Table plans written on golden-framed mirrors, dressed with flowers and resting on beautiful stands.
Source: Tracy Weston Photography
• Family photos in classic frames displayed on a table covered with elegant fabrics.
Source: Junjabird Photography
• Stairs lined with lanterns and overflowing with pretty petals.
Source: Andrew Gale
• Decadent containers for flowers on tables – think golden urns or cut glass vases.
• Candelabras accessorised with a few perfect flowers on tables.
Source: Shepherd Photography
• Large floral backdrops to sit behind your top table creating an amazing focal point.
• Napkins wrapped with fabric or ribbon and pillars wrapped with flowers or foliage.
However, with country house weddings, resist the temptation to over-style your venue. You’ve chosen it because it’s already so stunning, your decorations only need to enhance the beauty that’s already in place.
So if you're fancying a country house wedding, explore all the venues we have to offer here.