On The Day Wedding Tips
On The Day Wedding Tips with Chantilly Rose Wedding Planners
Today's blog comes from incredibly talented and super organised wedding planner, Chantilly Rose Wedding and Events. The lovely Christina thinks of EVERYTHING, so you don't have to! If you'd like to get in touch with her to help plan your big day, you can do so here... In the meantime, we racked her brain for her top tips for on the day! Over to you, Christina!
Aside from the most obvious tips of not being hung over and getting up late, what are my on the day wedding tips you ask?
1. Eat a nice breakfast full of protein that will keep your energy levels up throughout the day.
Potentially, brides can go long periods without any food so this is very important.
2. Give yourself plenty of time to get ready. Allocate one of your bridesmaids to keep an eye on
the time so you can relax. Alternatively your planner will be able to do this for you.
3. Apply baby powder. This is one tip that people will not tell you. Cover your inner thighs and
any other areas that could potentially sweat with a light coating of it BEFORE putting on your
dress. Those dresses can get very hot!
4. Stay hydrated. Lots of brides try to not drink many fluids to avoid having to use the
bathroom, to try and fit in their dresses better or have just been so busy they forget to drink
water. Lack of fluids in combination with being hot can quickly lead to finding yourself extremely
dehydrated. You may have to ask yourself which is more embarrassing, having to use the
bathroom a few times with bridesmaids assistance or passing out at your own wedding. An extra
tip - drink your water from a bottle using a straw just in case you spill some.
5. A wedding planner will always have a wedding day emergency kit handy. If you decide not to
hire a planner then have someone make one up for you and carry with them throughout the
6. Stay composed during the speeches. If someone has said something inappropriate, it's best
to let it pass without a big reaction.
7. Go easy on the alcohol. You will want to remember this day for the rest of your life, so make
sure you don't drink too much (that's what you do at friends weddings).
8. Have a change of shoes for the reception. You will be stood in those high heels all day. By
the time it comes to the evening you will be thankful you brought flats.
9. Try to relax and enjoy it. If you have booked the best professionals in the wedding industry
you will not have to worry about a thing. Let everyone else worry about you and you get on
with having fun with your family and friends.
10. Most importantly, remember why you are there. You and your groom will be pulled
separately from pillar to post with guests grabbing you for attention. Take a few minutes out
together in a quiet place to look at the person you are pledging your life to and reflect on the
amazing journey that lies ahead of you both.